One of the keys to delivering a high standard of education to all students is a well-rounded curriculum. At Grange Junior School, we follow a knowledge-engaging curriculum that incorporates an array of subjects. Within each subject, a variety of topics are covered, ensuring that each child gains an in-depth understanding of the subject.
Each lesson is taught using a wide range of learning resources and hooks to create an exciting learning experience. We understand that children learn best when they are engaged, and we make every effort to design lessons that capture their imagination.
During your child’s time at Grange Junior School, we aim to create and maintain a happy atmosphere, building on that which the caring home provides. Our basic intention is to help each child realise his or her maximum potential.
Our aims are:
- To create a happy and caring school environment.
- To help children to learn that courtesy, good manners, and consideration for others are very important qualities.
- To ensure a command of basic English and an ability to communicate with other people.
- To encourage an enjoyment of reading.
- To develop a knowledge and understanding of basic mathematical operations.
- To encourage scientific curiosity and organise observational studies particularly through the local environment.
- To awaken an awareness of the heritage around us through historical, geographical, and religious education studies.
- To teach skills in handwriting, design technology, and other creative arts, including music.
- To provide an enjoyment of physical activities, drama, and games skills.