A warm welcome and thank you for your interest in enrolling your child at our primary school.
At Grange Junior School, we aim to provide your child with a broad and balanced education, fulfilling their needs in a stimulating and caring environment.
On this page, you can find information about how to apply for a place, in-year admissions, open events, and what to expect for your child’s first days at the school.
How to Apply
Swindon Borough Council is responsible for admissions at this school.
For more information about admissions, including policies visit the Swindon Council website.
Currently, our published admission number (PAN) is 90 in each year group. Children who want to join our school in year 3 must submit an application, which will then be processed by the local authority admissions team.
Need help applying? Contact us!
We're here to help. Use the form below to send us any questions or queries.
Visit our School
If you are interested in applying for a place at Grange Junior School, we would be more than happy to show you around. If you would like to arrange a visit at the school, please contact our school office on 01793 822405.
In the meantime, you can also watch our school tour video below!
If a parent wishes to transfer their child to another Swindon authority school, use the Apply online button below.
The form needs to be completed and signed by the head of school before it can then be sent to the admissions team at the Swindon Civic Offices.
New Starters - Preparing for a New School
To get your child ready for school and their new environment, you could:
- Allow your child to become familiar with the school by walking past it. If you visit the school for any reason, bring your child along with you.
- Encourage your child to try to dress and undress themselves without help.
- Get them to use a knife and fork when eating at home.
- Encourage them to independently use the toilet and wash their hands.
- Encourage them to be apart from you for short periods of time, such as with relatives and neighbours and at playgroup.
- Talk to them, listen to them, and play with them.
- Read and share books together.
- Sing number and nursery rhymes.